Why join the Maine Farm Bureau?
1. To ensure that farmers continue to determine farming rights and issues. Maine Farm Bureau (MFB) is a true grassroots organization that lobbies for the collective voice of the farming communities in Maine.
2. To receive financial discounts and rebates that save your farm significant money.
3. To voice your opinion. We want to hear what issues impact you and your farm.
4. To join a network of local farmers to share information and technical assistance.
5. To help preserve agriculture, open land, landowner rights and rural life.
Did you know? Non-farmers are welcome members too! Just select “Associate Member” and join the ranks of farmers and agriculture organizations across Maine. Associate members do not vote, but receive other member benefits like the Legislative Impact Report and the Maine Farmer publication. Join in today!
Farmer Membership Benefits
• Representation in Augusta and Washington D.C.
• Tax exemptions on machinery, fertilizer, hay, and seed
• Fair prices for produce and products
• Preservation of open space for recreational use
• Discounts (which often outweigh fee)
◦ Farm Family Insurance Discount
– 5% off your Personal Automobile insurance
– 3% off your Special Farm Package, County Estate and Business-owners policy
◦ 10%-60% Off Grainger Supplies and Free Shipping
◦ Save up to $2,500 on CAT machines
◦ Prescription Savings
– Savings of up to 75% (30% average) at more than 68,000 national and regional pharmacies
◦ Discounts at hotels and car rentals
◦ Discounts on logo wear
• Education and Support
◦ The Maine Farmer Quarterly
◦ Legislative Digest Newsletters
• Participation in:
◦ Horse Council
◦ Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee
◦ Legislative Review Committee