Why join the Maine Farm Bureau?
1. To ensure that farmers continue to determine farming rights and issues. Maine Farm Bureau (MFB) is a true grassroots organization that lobbies for the collective voice of the farming communities in Maine.
2. To receive financial discounts and rebates that save your farm significant money.
3. To voice your opinion. We want to hear what issues impact you and your farm.
4. To join a network of local farmers to share information and technical assistance.
5. To help preserve agriculture, open land, landowner rights and rural life.
•Representation in Augusta and Washington D.C.
•Tax exemptions on machinery, fertilizer, hay, and seed
•Fair prices for produce and products
•Preservation of open space for recreational use
•Discounts (which often outweigh fee)
◦ Farm Family Insurance Discount)
5% off your Personal Automobile insurance
3% off your Special Farm Package, County Estate and Businessowners policy
◦ 10%-60% Off Grainger Supplies and Free Shipping
◦ $500 Rebate towards a vehicle from General Motors
◦ $300 to $500 towards Case IH Tractors
◦ Discounts at hotels and car rentals
◦ Discounts on logo wear
•Education and Support
◦ The Maine Farmer Quarterly
◦ Legislative Digest Newsletters
◦ Horse Council
◦ Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee
◦ Braodband Committee
◦ Legislative Review Committee